SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER CLICK HERE!
SIGN UP YOUR LARGE GROUP CLICK HERE!
ServErie Saturdays occur a few times per year and focus on improvement projects for local Erie organizations. ServErie gathers and assigns volunteers to make big impacts on these organizations that are vital to helping our Erie community thrive.
ServErie makes volunteering easy by 1) providing childcare for ages 7 and under, and 2) setting up carpooling to and from project sites. Volunteers will gather at the launch-site of choice and disperse to their pre-assigned location. This April, we will be serving organizations in the center of Erie County.
- Location: St. Luke Church, 421 E 38th St, Erie, PA 16504
- Time: 8a-1230p,
- Details: childcare and transportation provided,
- Date: April 6, 2019
- List of agencies we will serve:
- Anna Shelter
- Barber Center
- Bayfront East Side Taskforce
- Bethany Outreach Center
- Chosen IMA
- Community Country Day School
- Community of Caring
- Emmaus Grove Garden
- (ESD) Pfeiffer-Burleigh
- (ESD) Grover Cleveland
- (EUMA) International Institute #1
- Lake Erie Arboretum at Frontier Park (LEAF)
- Martin Luther King Center
- Mercy Center for Women
- Odessa’s Place
- St. Martin Center
- St. Patrick’s Haven
- Sister’s of Saint Joseph (WEST)
New here? Welcome! Here’s what to expect on a ServErie Saturday.
- You’ll receive an e-mail a day or two before the event that tells you whatyou’ll be doing and where, so you can dress accordingly. It’s usually things like cleaning, painting, landscaping, sorting & organizing, or repairs. ServErie provides tools, but if you have the option to bring your own, it will be in the e-mail.
- Arrive at the launch site at 8 am – usually, but not always, a church. The launch site will be in the e-mail.
- Drop your kid(s) off at childcare if they’re 6 and under and you pre-registered them. Follow the signs for childcare. (Childcare workers are carefully screened and loving. The children will have a snack, do a craft, and have a safe, fun space to play.)
- Get some free coffee.
- Buy a ServErie t-shirt for $5 (it’s free if you don’t have $5).
- Then, look around at the walls to find a poster paper with your site on it. It will probably have your name on it, too. Gather under the poster and say hi to your site leader in the green ServErie shirt. If you forget your site or can’t find it, that’s ok – go to the registration desk and ask where you will be. Or if you didn’t pre-register, the people at the registration desk will tell you where you can serve. Really anyone in a green shirt can get you the help you need.
- At about 8:15, someone will say a few words. Then at about 8:30, you’ll load up and head to the site. If you’re serving in the city, you’ll be getting on a school bus. If you’re serving at a County event, you’ll be carpooling. (Maybe bring your truck if you have one.) ServErie usually provides water. If you will need a snack, bring one with you.
- Once you’re at the site, they’ll take a few minutes to tell you about the organization you are serving. Then it’s time to get to work! Your site leader will tell you what you need to know to serve that day. It’s ok to take a break when you need one while you’re working.
- You’ll be at the site from about 9 am until about noon. You will be back to your car no later than 12:30.